• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

missing chuck key

Trying to make the jump from spindle turning to maybe a bud vase or small dish. Found a used Oneway Talon, good deal, but the chuck key was missing. I figured it wouldn't be that hard to find one.

I was wrong. Well- it was easy to find. But hard to pay for. $54 shipped for a new one, from oneway.

Is there an aftermarket item that would work? Anyone have a spare they would sell?

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Easiest way to find the missing key is to buy one.

Tell me about it! :) :D

I don't know how many things I have bought and when I decide where I am going to keep the new tool, I see the old one already sitting in it's place. :eek:

The worst case of lost-and-fpund-itis that I have had was when I decided that my Fluke 87 V multimeter was lost for good after about a year of searching in all of the usual places. I bought a new one (close to $400 -- ouch) and about a week later when I decided to keep it in a desk drawer, there sat my old one just grinning at me. I figured that it probably been on a world tour and finally had returned home. ;)

got it!

I have one that you can have for the postage. Send me your address. Joe

That key is already here! Thanks, Joe, I sure appreciate it. Gonna try out that chuck tomorrow while the turkey is cooking.

Sure glad you took the time to get the key to me. Thank you much!

And I think I have a new favorite forum.

-Dan

germlin?

I dated a girl with a gremlin for a while. Never thought it was that bad looking. But we used it to run to Chicago one cold day. I had ice cold air blowing on my left foot, no matter what we did with the heater controls. A week after that, the hood froze shut at the same time the battery decided to run dead.

I was not a fan.

Back