• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

need help setting up TL1200

Hi everyone, I'm back...sort of.....no longer on Bowen Island, Canada but down in S. Cal for a while working. It's been almost 6 months since I had my lathe set up...and I can't remember how all the pieces go together. I have the Nova TL1200 and here's the problem:
I have two attachment plates left over!
I used the heavy grooved plate to attach the motor to the lathe, the tail stock is attached with the flat plate and locking mechanism, yet I have two flat plates left, one locking mechanism and one long many sided bolt.

I need to attach the tool rest but the bolt seems to be too long. Although the base plates have hexagonal (?) holes in them, the bolt doesn't actually pass through, just rests on them. When I try to attach the tool rest I end up with about an inch too much bolt protruding through and the locking nut does nothing......and I have no idea at all why I now have two base plates left!!

Did I do something wrong????

All ready to turn and no place to go!

I also have mega DSL problems so if you can post on the forum, not personally, I should be OK.

ruth

Back