• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New to the forum

I just found this forum today. I'm a member of a model car forum and an N scale model train forum. I've joined this one because I'm a self taught woodturner, and I have much to learn. I live in Kodiak Alaska which makes it difficult to find other turners to learn from. As I have time I'll attempt to find a chapter of the AAW that might serve this area. It is my oppinion that forums contain a wealth of information from people willing to share their experiences. On the other forums I was able to give advice. On this one I'll be receiving the advice. Thank you.

Doug :)

Last edited:
Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
Welcome

Hi Doug,

Welcome to an excellent forum. We have some knowledgeable people who are willing to share what they know. Some care very deeply about certain views and express them with feeling. As with any forum, I suggest that you sort through the posts and take that which you need. As in "flat work", there can be several approaches to the same issue.

My suggestion to you is to join the AAW and receive their excellent publication. There are some excellent videos available through the AAW and you might find them very useful.

If you have questions, just ask.

Back