• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Old threads

I really like all the old threads and posts. The wealth of information there is unbelievable. I'd just like to thank all the great woodturners out there, taking the time to explain, give knowledge, and show us little guys great skills and techniques.

I hope people take the time to go back through our great Woodturning library that has been created.

I saw a quote once, If you only read the books everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. Haraki Murakami.

This forum is far from that , a beautiful collection of artists thinking out side the box and sharing there mistakes and accomplishments, so us little guys just learning, can learn faster, and maybe even step outside the box for a minute once in a while. ( Without a life shattering catch while trying to learn the basic of a skew through the writin word.) HaHa.:mad::rolleyes:

Thanks guys, you know who you are.
Merry Christmas.

Agreed, I spend many evenings a couple years ago doing the same thing. There is a wealth of knowledge in those posts.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
With around 100,000 total posts there is enough reading material to keep one busy for a while.

I frequently go searching through old threads for various reasons, sometimes searching for information in a discussion that I faintly remember from a dozen years ago or sometimes I get sidetracked and wind up taking a trip down memory lane. :)

With around 100,000 total posts there is enough reading material to keep one busy for a while.

I frequently go searching through old threads for various reasons, sometimes searching for information in a discussion that I faintly remember from a dozen years ago or sometimes I get sidetracked and wind up taking a trip down memory lane. :)
Dozen years ago? I have a hard enough time remembering what I had for dinner last night. Seriously, I think it would pay to browse through the past posts for information that has accumulated here. When you stop learning is when they bury you.

Back