• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Pecan pen blanks for trade

Recently finished a big project with pecan that was given to me for this furniture (all flatwork, no turning). I ended up with a bunch of long narrow pieces so I started making some pen blanks. I love making pens to relax between bigger projects, just seems to be low stress and they sell well for me. I soon realized that I had a 1000+ blanks and still have more scraps to cut. :rolleyes: I will never make that many pecan pens (although it is beautiful wood to turn) so I would be willing to trade some of it. The pecan is kiln-dried and cut to 3/4" square and 5 1/4" long. Do you have a surplus of pen blanks in some other species you would want to trade? Contact me if you want to trade what you have for what I have!

Back