• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Post Provo

Man!! A guy can't even take off for a week without having three pages of forum to plow through!!

Just got back from the Provo symposium - great trip - camped out, back and there. The symposium was as enlightening as symposia always are. Saw a lot of AAW tee-shirts walking around and in the peanut gallery. Anyone else there?

The only problem I have is with the dates - this year, and next - the two are too close together! I have a show coming up this weekend, but would have scheduled accordingly if there had been some weeks between. Having missed last years because of illness, I was hoping to hit Louisville this year and Portland is also out next. I also missed a trade show - BYU, you know....

I've attended lots of symposia over the past 35 years in a variety of disciplines, and have NEVER been disappointed. I am always amazed that the important stuff showing up in the work and working is seldom in my notes - osmosis, "taking the air around...", whatever; I envy all of you going to Louisville and double envy those of you hopping from Provo to AAW.

Have a good one - soak it up!!

Last edited:
Back