• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Pyramid / 3-point tool and a "?" tool...

So, I made it to the estate sale this morning, and came back with 3 tools, a tool rest and a piece of larch. John Lucas mentioned in another thread the "3-point tool or pyramid tool" and I brought one home. Also, another diamond-shaped (both are shop-made by the gentleman) that I'm not sure what to do with, but I know it has a function because he was a long-time turner. Pics are below. John et al., tidbits of info welcome! (John, IIRC you use the 3-point in your bead video, right?) Oh, the third tool was a Sorby square scraper -- all my scrapers are curved until today.

Larch2.jpg3Point_Other tool.jpg

Back