• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

reverse turning jigs

I agree with Jeff.

Great job John... great summary of the various methods of holding stuff...

I appreciate the time it took to do this...

Article

John, excellent article and well written with great photos (naturally!). Would you be willing to let us put it in our newsletter for the Adirondack Woodturners? Let me know here or PM me.

Thanks, Don.

thankyou for sharing that with us john!

Gary

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Don Sharing is why I do that so feel free to use it. When I first started turning almost all the bowls you saw outside the symposiums had green felt on the bottom or screw holes. You hardly ever see that anymore so the AAW and other groups have educated people to the need for clean bottoms.
I did a demo for the club and realized that except for the longworth chuck I had already made about every method for reverse chucking.

Good job John,
I made a Longworth chuck last week and it really works. I used 6 test tube stoppers (#7) but your 8 is probly better. I used 6 because no math is needed, just keep the compas setting and mark off the six spaces on the circle.

Ron

Back