• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Road trip

I'm going to be in Blackstone VA on the 11th and the 12th of sept for a craft show. So all you Greater richmand area turners stp on by it's always nice to put a face with a name. Unless they moved me again :rolleyes: I should be right inside the main gate right across from the tavern green. I won't be hard to spot just look for the guy letting the wife deal with the customers while I'm engrossed in turning stuff on the mini :D :p

Ed
It is right downtown Blackstone I should be on the corner of tavern and high street. the blue on the map is the buildings and the outside area where the vendors are. the red square is the old tavern. They have old tractors and cars setup there. They have an equipment parade down main street on sat.
Last year they had a band on the square and some other entertainment.

I'm going to say there are around 100 vendors or so. Here we go I found the map, my wife will be proud your question made me clean my desk :rolleyes:

on North High street there are 55 vendors and and 10 food vendors
in the old armory there are 48 vendors
and in the memorial center there are 34 vendors
137 vendors not counting the food. The jury panel does a great job of selecting vendors for this show.

Mapquest to Blackstone

blackstone.jpg

Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
Quartlow,

Thank you very much for the extra info. My wife and I may make a run over to see the show. We are about 20 miles southeast of Roanoke and about 25 miles southwest of Bedford, which is on Route 460 - and so is Blackstone.

I checked out your website and noted that your business name is Light Turnings. I am sure that by the process of elimination and map location I can find you. But I was amazed that neither on the forum nor on your website do you identify yourself. I will refrain from making a lame joke about the federal witness protection program.

In any case, I hope that you have a successful show and that the hurricane doesn't wipe out the east coast this weekend.

Ed Moore said:
Quartlow,

I checked out your website and noted that your business name is Light Turnings. I am sure that by the process of elimination and map location I can find you. But I was amazed that neither on the forum nor on your website do you identify yourself. I will refrain from making a lame joke about the federal witness protection program.

You know what Ed your Right, my name isn't on the website, Talk about stupid things to overlook LMAO!!! :rolleyes:

So just for you it's Robert Mickley, well thats the one the federal goverment dreamed up they wanted to call me Alfonso but I said no way!!! :D

Lets hope the east coast survies this weekend. And hopefully I'll see you on the 11th or 12th

Last edited:
So what you going to turn,mud pies?????? :D

I know you'll do well,your stuff is great.

I have PSSmith (Pat from woodworkersweb) coming over tomorrow for a few turning pointers.He just got a Mini lathe yesterday.He put the spur drive in the tail stock :eek: ,so I better see about giving him some help. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the show.

Back