• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sandpaper Bargain

I hope this is OK to post here - if not please remove. I do know that Klingspor has ads in the magazine and I think in our member book.

Recently I was purchasing some sanding disks from Klingspor and went to their Surplus listing. I found there some 2 3/4 inch wide by 15 meter/yard (?) long rolls of Stearate treated sandpaper in various grades. These were at a really good price of $4.95 each and I tried 3 different grits to see how they would work. I have a shelf at the head stock end of my lathe for the vacuum pump and I was able to drill holes in the supports for a 3/4 inch dowel. I placed the rolls on the dowel and now just pull off the length I need and then fold it in half. This gives me a 1 1/4 inch wide folded piece of sandpaper just right for the lathe work. I am so happy with this system I just ordered some more rolls to put up till needed.

These rolls are a closeout - only while supply last (why do you think I waited to post till I knew all I wanted was shipped!!). The only thing I have noticed is some yellowing on the edges of the paper where it has been on a shelf for a while. At this price I thought some of you might be interested. Just go to the Klingspor page, scroll down to the Surplus link and on that page go to the rolls. I'll try to link. (My work computer is refusing the hyperlink system - you'll have to copy and paste!)

Wilford
Main page:

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/37F75DC7/mac/template.mac/loadHtmlPage?htmlPage=about1.htm

Actual sale page:

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-...c=6X_ROLLSURPLUS ABRASIVE ROLLS&qryType=GRPSG

Back