• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Segmented bowl video

AlanZ

Resident Techno Geek
I knew that segmented turners had patience, but stop motion segmenting brings patience to a new level. Quite the effort!

Glad you enjoyed it. I am going to keep it as a Favorite and refer to it occasionally for the info on segmenting wood.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I think that video shows things that happen in my shop when I am not there. That is probably why I can't ever seem to find anything -- and when I do find what I am looking for, it isn't where I think that it should be.

neat video.

Knew I didn't want to get into segmented turning.An engineer I am not. Bill, I don't have any one scurrying around "helping" in my shop, and I am the one that misplaces things a thousand times a day!!!!!
The producer of this film "Frank" gets an A+ for this project in videoing. Gretch

I would say that 3 things are obvious.

1. This guy is creative with his woodturning and video.

2. He has a very nice shop.

3. Way too much free time.

But yes, I did enjoy the video.

Back