• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Short skew practice video

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
We were having a discussion on how we use a skew for toe down cuts over on Woodcentral and it's almost impossible to describe these cuts so I made a short video this morning. It might take a day for youtube to release the video so if you can't get to it now try later tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope it's useful to some. All discussions and critics are welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVlhr9fLCM

Fantastic video John and yes to understand it is much easier to watch the video. Now I have an image in my mind of how to use the tool . . . doing might be a little harder but at least I have a starting point. Again thanks for the post and video.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Your welcome John and Carol. I'm going to work on some more as I have time. The next one will probably be on cutting coves. I intended to do it after I wrote the article on turning coves but life got in the way. I hope to do it this week. After that it will be a few videos on photographing your artwork.

Back