skew sharpening video

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips' started by john lucas, Feb 19, 2012.

1. john lucas

john lucas

2. Brian McInturff

Brian McInturff

As always, a top notch video! Thanks John. I always enjoy watching your videos. I always learn something. I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on concave vs convex sharpened skews.

3. john lucas

john lucas

Brian I'm still playing with it and plan a day soon to really work with skews of different grinds to understand them better. My thoughts so far is that it's good for some things and not as good at others. I have trouble turning beads with it but planing cuts seem about the same as flat skews. Turning coves seems a bet easier but then most people don't use a skew for that.

4. DOCworks

DOCworks

Home Page:
    John do most of your videos have sound? I can hear Capt. Eddie just fine, but I don't hear anything on yours. This video I see you talking so that's why I asked.
    Bill

5. Brian McInturff

Brian McInturff

The sound works fine when I watch it.

6. john lucas

john lucas

Every now and then someone posts that my video's don't have sound. They do. I really don't know the problem. I've asked my boss who is computer whiz and he doesn't know either but suspects it's something on your end.

7. Brian McInturff

Brian McInturff

Probably the codec for his computer. Try logging into you tube and loading the video through your logged in you tube account. Just do a search for John Lucas in you tube. That should update your codecs automatically.

8. DOCworks

DOCworks

Home Page:
    Thanks John, as a web coordinator I deal with these issues everyday. I'll try to carve out some time in the near furture and see where the audio is being blocked. It may be our wonderful corporate firewall, I doubt it's a codec issue. I'll let you know if and when I find anything.

9. DOCworks

DOCworks

Home Page:
    I did forget to add one thing...with or without sound I really enjoy your videos. Well done, while video is part of my job I well do everyting in my power to sluff it off to our marketing people. I mean they've won awards...and they have apples, the PCs not the fruit, and my arm hurts. I think they are starting to catch on as I've been wearing the same sling for years.

10. john lucas

john lucas

doc If the sling actually works I'm ordering one tomorrow. I need to farm out some of the work I do to other people on the staff. :)

11. Bret Hinz

Bret Hinz

I subscribed to your videos a month or so ago, and appreciate your tips/help!

Thanks, John!

12. john lucas

john lucas

Thanks Bret If all goes well I'll have another one tonight.

13. Bob Franklin

Bob Franklin

Awesome Video - I will trying some of your techniques