• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Small Bussiness Software Recommendations

Website
www.davidlauffenburger.com
Woodworking is a hobby for me but I am trying to start tracking it as a bussiness, primarily i am wanting to track expenses, income, profit (if any) etc but i do not plan on tracking inventory or salaries. I am curious what everybody is using for small bussiness software and are there any recommendations on how to get started.

Thank You,
Dave

Website
www.cswwoodworks.com
Quicken

The line of Quicken products is fairly robust and will handle small to medium sized business tracking fairly easily. The nice part is if you get big enough to need to claim taxes, Quicken info can be imported directly into TurboTax and other such products, cutting down on paperwork time.

Dave, I have used QuickBooks Pro for 6 years to track my home building. I am completely satisified and am sure it would handle all your needs. Since we live in the same town, call me and I will be happy to demonstrate it. HarveyC

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
I have been using Quicken Home & business for several years, then tried to go to Quickbooks. The problem was that my back statements are not downloadble in the Quickbooks format, just Quicken.

Back