Small Bussiness Software Recommendations

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by DaveL, May 11, 2004.

1. DaveL

DaveL

Home Page:
    Woodworking is a hobby for me but I am trying to start tracking it as a bussiness, primarily i am wanting to track expenses, income, profit (if any) etc but i do not plan on tracking inventory or salaries. I am curious what everybody is using for small bussiness software and are there any recommendations on how to get started.

Thank You,
    Dave

2. Chris Wright

Chris Wright

Home Page:
    Quicken

The line of Quicken products is fairly robust and will handle small to medium sized business tracking fairly easily. The nice part is if you get big enough to need to claim taxes, Quicken info can be imported directly into TurboTax and other such products, cutting down on paperwork time.

3. HarveyC

HarveyC

Dave, I have used QuickBooks Pro for 6 years to track my home building. I am completely satisified and am sure it would handle all your needs. Since we live in the same town, call me and I will be happy to demonstrate it. HarveyC

4. Steve Worcester

Steve Worcester Admin Emeritus

Home Page:
    I have been using Quicken Home & business for several years, then tried to go to Quickbooks. The problem was that my back statements are not downloadble in the Quickbooks format, just Quicken.