• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Starting a turning club? (Baltimore)

Website
www.schwingwoodworks.com
Baltimore based woodturners have no local turning club (that I am aware of). There are several excellent clubs in the Annapolis/DC/Northern Virginia area but none right here in town. For selfish (time) reasons I am willing to do some leg work in establishing a local club.

I do know that there is someone looking at starting a club in Frederick as well.

I believe (pretty darned sure) I can secure an interesting location for meetings, equipped with lathes and plenty of tools, and would be interested in holding monthly meetings during the cooler months.

If anyone else is interested, please respond here or in email. We will need yes, or maybe answers to prove interest to the owner of the location I have in mind.

Back