• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

step jaws

Oneway makes an internal step jaw but I have a Nova chuck and it doesn't look like they have one.

I want to use the chuck inside a 1 inch hole but have it far enough away that I can turn right to the top. Would the oneway long nose jaw or the 1 inch pin jaw be the better choice? I'm afraid the long nose jaw would be too big and the 1 inch pin jaw may not give me the room I'm looking for.

If anyone has experience with Nova II and their jaw sets I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,

Dave F.

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
Dave
Woodcraft has a Mini-Step Jaw they sell (for Nova). I believe that it's only available from them and only as a part of their Nova 4-Piece Mini Jaw set.

That being said, I've looked at them, and the regular Step Jaw sets, cutting the wood to use them would be well..

With the interior, using the largest "step" on the interior set, would require a deep "hole" on the inside of the object to clear the small and mid "steps"

The same is true for the exterior step set, but not as confusing.

That being said, I bought an exterior step and will probably be dumping it someday, as I never use it

TTFN
Ralph

Back