• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

sticky messages and/or hints/tips subgroup

Website
www.woodturner.org
Someone has sent in a suggestion to make the Ambrosia finishing thread a "sticky thread" similar to the existing 2 sticky threads at the top of the text forum. Good suggestion.

However, longterm this will not be very viable as we could end up with 20 sticky threads. I can make one or more subforums where we can store useful tips. Further, I could keep the subforums open to anyone or limited to just the moderators. If it was limited it would allow Steve or myself to store tips down there, but that puts a lot of the maintenance on our shoulders.

I would rather have it be open to all, and we could put the popular tips at the top of the subforum as sticky threads until we exhaust that route. Comments or suggestions on the overall proposal? Comments on the Ambrosia finishing topic?
:cool2:

Back