• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Too big for our britches

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
The forum was down for several hours this afternoon. I contacted our IT guy, Michael Seufer as well as the AAW office. It took a while to get in contact with everyone, but the bottom line is that the forum had reached the limit of our disk space. An upgrade to our hosting service fixed the problem.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Image gallery strikes again?

Total disk usage. The discussion forums contain more images than the gallery. However, I'm considering more reasonable size limits for images. There really isn't a good reason for images that are 1920 px in either height or width. I may implement different file size limits in the gallery and in posts. I need to discuss this with management.

I thought I had broke it !!!!

Had a time getting on the site but later in the day, I was able to get on. Many thanks to anyone who is involved in maintaining the website!

Back