• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Travel mugs at Home Depot

I just bought all the closeout travel mugs at my local Home Depot. They were $4.49 a pair. A tap with a hammer and the bottom plastic cover came off, then a phillips screw to remove and you have it. The same stainless steel liner and lid you get out of the woodturning catalogs.

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
Home Depot mugs

Do you have a sku# or model # off the receipt? I tried to pull it up on their website so I could print it off to take in to my local store. Couldn't find any travel mug pairs on the website

Thanks
Ricc Havens

travel mugs

i posted this a few months back, but if you're near a hobby lobby try finding mugs there. i've gotten them for 3.99 plastic /stainless insert just like the 9.95 ones in the woodworking catalogs. then for a truly insulated travel mug pick up the non expanding window and door foam, and fill your blank about half full before you insert the liner, i leave my blank mounted in a chuck and just take the whole thing off the lathe, then put it back in your lathe and bring up the tailstock to clamp it together. it will expand some, so you need the tailstock. but no glue. now you have a really insulated mug. i usually let it dry over night. sometimes depending on wood type the foam will actually expand right thru the wood. if this happens, usually in the 1st hour or so, just keep some acetone handy, and put a little on a rag and it cleans right up.now you can finish sand and put whatever kind of finish you want on it..i like wipe-on poly, good protection for moisture, 5-6 coats or more..

Back