• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turners in NW Arkansas?

I'm getting set up to do some turning, however, I would really like to locate some turners in the NW Arkansas area to learn from, and to see if any turning classes are available? Just ordered a Powermatic 3520 today and will be ordering a chuck and tools soon. Thanks, Charles

AAW Chapters list

Charles, look on the left side of the home page for AAW member clubs in your area. That might be the best way with the least effort.

Website
www.hiltonhandcraft.com
Stateline Woodturners Club

Here you go...

http://www.statelinewoodturners.org Visitors are most welcome!

There are no businesses in the area that give turning classes, unfortunately. However, I do and can be contacted at this address for more information but I'm in the Southwest Missouri area. I can teach at my shop or yours.

Another option is to sign up for the Introduction to Woodturning class I'm giving through the Ozarks Technical Community College in Springfield, MO this coming Winter '05. That would be a long drive for you probably though. There are no plans for similar classes in the NW Arkansas area that I'm aware of right now.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Turners in NW Arkansas

We have an active wood turning club that meets on the forth saturday of each month in Fayetteville, AR, at the Raimey Jr. High School. We usually meet for hands on turning at our presidents house in Fayetteville, AR on the 2nd tuesday evening at 7PM. If you need more information, e-mail me at m1do@aol.com. You can call me at 417-223-4435. I am the current program chairman for our chapter. If you haven't yet joined AAW, I would strongly recommend that you do.

I can vouch for Andy (previous threat). He is an excellent teacher and wood turner. You couldn't go wrong working with him. As he said, he lives in Aurora, MO, close to Springfield, MO.

Hope to hear from you. Mark Ost

Website
www.hiltonhandcraft.com
Mark Ost said:
I can vouch for Andy (previous threat). He is an excellent teacher and wood turner. You couldn't go wrong working with him. As he said, he lives in Aurora, MO, close to Springfield, MO.

Thank you very much, Mark.... (your referral fee is in the mail ... just wait for it;) ) And, yes, my previous post WAS a "threat"! :eek:

Great group of guys there in NW Arkansas. Everybody should stop by there if you get a chance. Mark does a wonderful job at keeping fresh faces and ideas coming in to do demonstrations and give seminars. I'm a very proud member of that group.

Back