• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Where do you get your superglue

Just like the title says, where do you get your superglue.

Woodcraft is going to have theirs 15% off during March (I think it is 15), but does anyone have a cheaper online source?

My wife is about to go Bobbit on me after all my purchases to get into this hobby, so I need deals :p

Thanks

Mine is generally an add-on to another order for expendables to help reduce the shipping cost per item. You want to pace yourself with he stuff. Lasts about a year closed in the freezer, maybe 3-4months once opened. Makes a large "economy" size less appealing to folks like myself who use it for crack filling. If you're going to use it as a finish, go where the sizes are larger, the prices smaller.

This is a good brand, and a fair price. I get 2 oz, because 4 is a lot. http://www.woodline.com/p-2601-stickfast-ca-glue.aspx Doubt direct order makes a bit of difference in price versus the regular add-on method, though.

How about LARGE sizes? http://www.parsonadhesives.com/pdf/super-glue.pdf

Oops, you said SW, not SE. Don't know about St Joe/Benton harbor.

Bret

I order mine from Starbond out of LA in California. Their web site is www.starbond.com. When I order, I order the 16 oz. bottles and store the unused in my freezer. When I need to fill my work bottles in the shop, go get the big bottle out of the freezer and let it come up in temperature for a few minutes then fill my work bottle and put the big bottle back in cold storage.

Hope this helps- Gary:cool2:

Awesome, thanks guys!

I think I need to do some researching to figure out which kinds I need. I would like to use it as a finish on some pens and such things, but also need some for securing punky wood and cracks.

+1 for Starbond

Bret

I order mine from Starbond out of LA in California. Their web site is www.starbond.com. When I order, I order the 16 oz. bottles and store the unused in my freezer. When I need to fill my work bottles in the shop, go get the big bottle out of the freezer and let it come up in temperature for a few minutes then fill my work bottle and put the big bottle back in cold storage.

Hope this helps- Gary:cool2:

The Starbond folks include a couple of small bottles and a bunch of replacement tiny nozzles with a pint of glue which is a real help for applying the glue. They are a good outfit.

I think I need to do some researching to figure out which kinds I need. I would like to use it as a finish on some pens and such things, but also need some for securing punky wood and cracks.
I use 2 kinds--thin on checks and cracks (and to replace the occasional broken off piece) and medium to fill medium sized cracks with or without brass/turquoise/inlace, and for a CA finish on pens or fishing reel seats. I buy a generic national brand that allows the retailer to put the store name on the label from the local hobby shop, 2 oz. for about $8. It lasts a long time and when I suddenly run out, it's a quick trip to refuel without the wait and shipping cost of mail order.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
In both of the clubs I'm in we buy it in quantity and then sell it back to members for a slight profit. That way we get a good deal on the glue and the club makes a little money also. We buy it from Starbond also.

This thread is almost a month old, but I thought I'd add another plug for good glue! Along with the local club, Central Virginia Woodturners, I get my glue from Starbond. It seems to have a much longer shelf life, and they give enough tips and capillary applicators to go a long way. The quality is worth the slightly higher price than some other brands.

Back