Woodcraft Slow Speed Grinders

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Kevin Miller, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller

For those of you out there who have purchased slow speed grinders from Woodcraft recently and have been waiting patiently while they continue to move the backorder date back a week at a time on you, I talked to them today and received some very helpful information.

I was told that they have received a large shipment of the grinders but their engineering department is not happy with the quality and is not willing to release them to customers.

While I was a little disappointed to hear this and also to not be any closer to getting my new grinder I need, I was grateful that they were so honest about this.

I ended up going elsewhere to get a grinder (bought the delta variable speed off of amazon instead).

But I wanted to post this in case anyone else was in the same boat. It doesn't look like this issue is close to getting resolved anytime soon.

I also wanted to commend Woodcraft on this issue for being honest with me. After all, it doesn't appear to me that this is their fault .

2. glenkey

glenkey

Kevin it sound like Ohio has some stand up guys, and they are to be commended.

3. Laurence Giglio

Laurence Giglio

There had been several posts in other forums about poor QA/QC problems with the grinders, and the company got some major complaints. Its good they held back filling the orders, better to loose a sale but not the customer.
    I to went the PC route. Its OK, not a baldor, but hey, its like a 100 buck motor not a 400 dollar one.

4. john lucas

john lucas

I talked with the owner of our local woodcraft store. He said Woodcraft is taking this grinder thing very seriously and trying to weed out the bad Quality control problem. Says a lot about the company.