Woodturning Classes

Discussion in 'Newbie' started by Ronald Bergerson, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Ronald Bergerson

Ronald Bergerson

I am an old woodworker but interested in turning. My wife and I will be in Southern Ca (Inland Valley area) for a month during April and May and I would like to find a woodturners course I could attend. This would give me an opportunity to discover just how interested I am in turning, what I would like in the lathe I would purchase and basic skills in turning, tool selection and sharpening. Any help would be appreciated. Ron B

2. Ed Davidson

Ed Davidson

Home Page:
    Ron, try these online resources:

- AAW Events Calendar - look for regional symposiums and other woodturning events

- AAW Professional Outreach Program's (POP) Teacher Directory - use this searchable database to find a woodturning teacher in your area.

- Find an AAW local chapter near where you'll be staying or close to your home, and attend their meetings.

- Join AAW and get discounts on professional woodturning classes at Marc Adams School of Woodturning and Anderson Ranch Arts Center

- Have a look over this comprehensive lists of woodturning schools.

- Check out this file that lists all the specs on most woodturning lathes currently available on the market.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010