1. Join the Go-To Source for Woodturners!

Please read the new sticky announcement here for full details.

Dismiss Notice

Woodturning Classes

Discussion in 'Newbie' started by Ronald Bergerson, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Ronald Bergerson

Ronald Bergerson

I am an old woodworker but interested in turning. My wife and I will be in Southern Ca (Inland Valley area) for a month during April and May and I would like to find a woodturners course I could attend. This would give me an opportunity to discover just how interested I am in turning, what I would like in the lathe I would purchase and basic skills in turning, tool selection and sharpening. Any help would be appreciated. Ron B

2. Ed Davidson

Ed Davidson

Home Page:
    Ron, try these online resources:

- AAW Events Calendar - look for regional symposiums and other woodturning events

- AAW Professional Outreach Program's (POP) Teacher Directory - use this searchable database to find a woodturning teacher in your area.

- Find an AAW local chapter near where you'll be staying or close to your home, and attend their meetings.

- Join AAW and get discounts on professional woodturning classes at Marc Adams School of Woodturning and Anderson Ranch Arts Center

- Have a look over this comprehensive lists of woodturning schools.

- Check out this file that lists all the specs on most woodturning lathes currently available on the market.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010