• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Magazine

The most recent issues of this magazine have come all at once, that is the latest three within the last week. (Jan, Feb, and March 2011)

Has anyone else had that happen?

Do you think it's a postal issue or is the magazine having some trouble meeting production schedules?

Thanks,

Dave F.

Mine came the same way,but only after a e-mail to them because I hadn't received the last two issues. They said the problem was in mail transport from UK to USA.I've only had one other late issue in 2 years so inconvenient yes
big problem don't think so.
Harry

Same here.

I stopped receiving the issues in November. I contacted them via email and they told me that they had postal problems during the holidays. They took care of the problem and shipped the 3 missing issues all together.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I periodically get them 2 at a time. Not sure why. I may ask Mark next time I talk to him. It doesn't bother me as long as I get them. It just gives me twice as much to read all at once. The good thing is when there is a follow up article I haven't forgotten the first one by the time the next one arrives. :)

I have been receiving the magazine for a few years now. the delivery has always been sparatic.Somtimes receiving last months day after this months.
But I do not think that I have missed any. Wonderful magazine.

Jerry

delivery problems

I got March last week. Went and looked finding I had not received Jan or Feb. After calling them and being told that it would be awhile till the replacements copies come in I received January yesterday, a week after March. Heaven knows when February will get here. Sad problem is we had really poor delivery with the American Woodturner a year of so ago.

To add insult to injury I didn't get my regular mail till around 7pm.

Vernon

Website
www.loseby.co.uk
Woodturning magazine delays

It is our government cutting down on the postal service so that we can send more money abroad to the countries who really need it - like China, Russia, India, Afghanistan etc. It doesn't matter whether that country is rich or not, we do just like to give it away over here.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic - no I did mean it

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
It is our government cutting down on the postal service so that we can send more money abroad to the countries who really need it - like China, Russia, India, Afghanistan etc. It doesn't matter whether that country is rich or not, we do just like to give it away over here.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic - no I did mean it

Sounds like you Brits are getting the same story we are over here.......it would be nice to get a true accounting, and know exactly where all that money really goes.......:D

Fat chance of that........:mad:

ooc

postal system

Sounds like you Brits are getting the same story we are over here.......it would be nice to get a true accounting, and know exactly where all that money really goes.......:D

Fat chance of that........:mad:

ooc

Wouldn't want non postal people "going Postal" would you???
:DGretch

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Wouldn't want non postal people "going Postal" would you???
:DGretch

:D

Postal? .......aaah, no! But, you got it right that a few people would be a little disappointed in those we trusted with our money........:(

ooc

(Sorry......back to the topic.)

Last edited:
What's the URL for people in the US to subscribe?

Alan, google "Lightning Publications". They handle this magazine in the US.

And as to the topic, in late January or early February, I emailed Lightning because I hadn't received issue 222. They were very helpful and said a new copy would be sent. Shortly after that I received issue 223, then a week or so later, my replacement issue 222 (from Europe), and then a week or so after that I got issue 224 and my original 222 within a few days of each other. I don't know if the hiccup was over here or over there, but at least it all worked out.

Back