• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Magazine

What ever happened to Woodturning Magazine from the UK? I am a subscriber but have not received a copy in almost a year. Cannot seem to find an email address to contact about my subscription. Anyone have a US contact point? Who distributes it in the US?

Ed

Ed, I have had the same trouble with delivery of the magazine several times. Here is a contact for the Florida distribution folks:

Lightning Publications
866-699-6779

I speak to "Anna", and she has always been helpful.

Good Luck.

David

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Lightning Publications
866-699-6779

Sounds like "Lightning Publications" may be the oxymoron of the day! :D

Have a great weekend!

Rob

For anyone who's interested, I don't subscribe to Woodturning but I sometimes buy single issues through their website if they contain an interesting project. It costs about $9, and takes about three weeks to arrive, from Sweden, of all places.

I've gotten mine through PocketMags for almost a year. I can view from my computer, iPad, and iPhone no matter where I am. I haven't tried printing out any articles but I'm sure I could figure out how to do that too if needed. With the E version you get the mag the day it comes out and not 3 weeks later. On occasion I'll stop at Barnes and Noble and still pick up a hard copy. Being 50 it's hard to not want a hard copy but I'm learning. It does cut down on all the book shelf space needed...

thanks for the contact information

I contacted the publisher, but will look into the electronic versions. I prefer to have the magazine in hand, but egads, deliver is an issue.

e

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I get mine from GMC publications. I've never had a problem other than lately I get 2 copies at once and then don't get a copy for a while. I just read them when they come. I've been a subscriber for maybe 8 to 10 years now. I think they are either going through some growing pains or shipping to the US is becoming a problem. Something is going on but still it's a good publication. It's been fun watching the turning scene in the UK go through the same changes we have here in the US.

I too use the Pocketmags subscription app on my iPad. Works well, although I would rather have the mag in hand but price has gotten too high. I'm not sure if I can view it on my Mac - haven't tried. Anyone know if you can?

Website
www.docwks.com
I too use the pocket mag on my ipad. Although I would rather have the dead tree in my hand the difference in price, I'll hold the plastic. I also get the woodcarving magazine which I really enjoy for surface ideas. So who is getting the iPad 3? :D

Back