• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning on PBS

Local didn't, doesn't look like it will carry, even with a dash two set of programs. Of course the website is no help. It doesn't list the local station under programming nor the program alphabetically, and puts St. Roy in the "Home Improvement" section!!!!

Woodturning workshop

Thanks for the update Ed. I checked with both Channel 6 and Channel 12 here in Denver and neither one will carry the program. A pity but I did leave my 2 cents worth in a positive way of course.

Woodturning Workshop

This program is on the PBS "How to" network, "Create"
The program is scheduled to be aired sometime in March.
You can find the program info here: http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vProgramsByNola/WDWK?OpenDocument&Index=#
At this site there is a form where you can request the program be carried in your area.
In my viewing area "Create" is only carried on cable (Time Warner). I don't think you will find in on the broadcast PBS stations. Even so a deluge of requests may change that!!

We've got a good sized club, so I'll pass this along and hope there's enough response to get it added by at least one of the two local PBS affiliates. Alternatively, one of 'em also carries the CreateTV network on a subchannel, so hope there's enough lobbying there at the national level to see it get onto the schedule. While they're at it, perhaps enough pressure could be applied to get ROVI to add the CreateTV content to the local TVGOS listings.

BTW, Ed, check the title on that linked page. Someone's page composer's spell checker must've somehow missed "Assoication" :).

UPDATE: Now that I've just read Bob's post, I'll add that Create appears Over-The-Air on WYES Ch. 12.3 in this DMA.

Last edited:
This program is on the PBS "How to" network, "Create"

You can find the program info here: http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vProgramsByNola/WDWK?OpenDocument&Index=#
At this site there is a form where you can request the program be carried in your area.
In my viewing area "Create" is only carried on cable (Time Warner). I don't think you will find in on the broadcast PBS stations. Even so a deluge of requests may change that!!

The program is scheduled to be aired sometime in March.
maybe my cable station jump the gun because I watched "woodturner " today

Not the same Bob

No Wayne I am not that Bob, but you won't believe how often I am asked. Maybe I should use my middle name, Wayne!!

TV stations

I just did a search for Tennessee and Georgia public TV stations. I used every conceivable word and words to see if the show is scheduled. Got nothing in all cases. :(

Back