• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Workshop with Tim Yoder new website and DVD

Hello, my name is Bryan Crain and I worked(camera, graphics, editing, promotions) with Tim Yoder on the PBS show Woodturning Workshop.
The show was recently canceled but Tim and I hope to bring it back someday soon.
In the meantime we have started a website (www.woodturningwithtim.com) and produced a new full length DVD "From Tree to Bowl" available for purchase on the site.
We have several free video shorts available as well and are working on our next DVD.
Everything is basically the same as woodturning workshop.... the only difference is we had to drop 'workshop' from the title for legal reasons.
We appreciate all the support the woodturning community has given us over the past 6 years and hope you visit our site.
FYI...Woodturning Workshop was recently nominated for an EMMY award, we find out July 23rd if we win.
thanks again for everything...
Bryan

Brian, please keep us posted on both the Emmy nomination and how you and Tim are doing. We all wish you well with your efforts to get the show back on the air!
Kurt

That is great. I had completely forgot about Tim's show. I used to watch many years ago, and although I didn't own a lathe or really have a desire to at that time I still watched his show. I only did flat work back then but loved all things to do with wood.

Back