• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodworking Channel

Anyone having the same problem I am with this channel? I get the video ok but whenever I click on the schedule or any of the listed items on the left, all I get is that white windows screen saying can't open the site.

I find that if I wait for the site to complete loading before I click anything, then the "click here to install ActiveX component Multicastmedia Minibrowser..." message goes away, and I can then select the schedule option. If I hit the schedule button too fast, then it breaks. Don't know if this is exactly what you are seeing. You may need to download that ActiveX component. I imagine if you email these guys they should have a faq about this already. In case you can't see their contact email it is

contactus@thewoodworkingchannel.com

HTH

I had the same problem when I was trying to access it form my favoites. Run a google search for the woodworking channel and you'll find it will work just fine! Resave it to your favorites. Not that it matters much cause the schedule seems to be wrong alot. They may have corrected it since I've last visited.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Kurt I found the schedule to be wrong a lot also. I would scan the schedule and plan my dinner break around a woodturning section and then it would be the router workshop of some other show. It happened so often I've quit trying to watch it now.

I haven't had a problem with the schedule. Sometimes I forget to take the time zone difference into account though, adding 3 hours instead of subtracting 3 hours. :eek:

watching at lunch

i also like to watch the channel at lunch.I have found that I can't get the scedule using explorer as my browser but it works great and with faster video load time with the firefox browser. My biggest aggravation is when it gets to the best part where he is explaining something I want to know the video reloads and stalls for a while (usually until the inportant part is over).

Vernon

I'm having no problem using Explorer. I'm in NJ so Thats EST and thats what they use for the schedule so I shouldn't have any issues with that part . They are still new so I'm sure they will get everything ironed out soon! I'm with John about making time to watch the turning bits only to be disappointed.

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
john lucas said:
Kurt I found the schedule to be wrong a lot also. I would scan the schedule and plan my dinner break around a woodturning section and then it would be the router workshop of some other show. It happened so often I've quit trying to watch it now.

Seems like 4/5 of the time I can watch, they are running the Router show, or, as I call it. "How to do do every job in a the shop with a router, even when it's dumb"

Scott Phillips visited Rude Osolnik in one of his American Woodshop episodes. It's supposed to air tomorrow evening (may 23) at 6:00pm EST.

Back