• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodworking / Turning Contest at SmartFlix - $250 prize

SmartFlix / Woodturner University has just launched a new feature: contests that anyone can enter and show off their work, and win prizes.

We're starting off with a woodworking contest. Anything that you've crafted from wood is eligible -- whether you've carved a hiking stick, built a wooden chest, turned a bowl, or used a jigsaw to create a window ornament, we want to hear from you!

So far we've got just a few turning projects submitted, and as I'm an (amateur) turner myself, I'd like to see more representation.

Please take 60 seconds to enter the contest right now at

http://smartflix.com/contest/show/1

The submission deadline is this Friday, 10 October.

After all submissions are in, voting will run till the following Friday (17 Oct). You, other contestants, and your friends all get to vote on the entries, and the winner gets a $250 prize.

Travis J I Corcoran, President
SmartFlix

--
web's biggest how-to DVD rental store

Back