• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Would You Turn This?....

Yikes!!!

Now were did I put my bowl gouge? :confused: Hey you have to admit, it would be fun :D !!!

Last edited:
Noobie note:

OK so lets see if I understand what he is doing.

The inside of the bowl is turned then uses the chainsaw to rough carve the wave pattern.

Turns the outside of the bowl

Carves the opposite curvers in the bowl?

Is that the process? It looks outstanding!

Website
www.timbertreasurestwo.com
We used some of Gary's photos in our initial advertising flyers for Woodturning Design. I thought they were incredible when I first saw them and give him a tip of the old hat!

He told me that the phtographer that took a lot of the photos he has posted on his website documenting the turning process of these big forms wouldn't come into the room when the blank was turning! Gary said that the sound generated while the bowl was spinning was "awesome"!

Joe

WOW! If only I could... it's thrilling to know that such work is possible, but I have a long, long way to go!

That must be terrifying to approach, let alone put a tool to! :eek:

Paul

Back