• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WOW - New Jet Mini!

No problem, Steve. Just plug'er into a 440 outlet and [like that Travelocity commercial] enjoy the riiiiiiide. :D :D

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Bill Grumbine said:
Maybe Sears is helping them with their ad copy!

I agree with Bill - This lathe obviously DEVELOPS 3 horsepower for about 25 milliseconds until the motor windings saturate..... calculated at peak, of course! .....is there a 'Craftsman' label under the Jet label? If you snap off the tool rest, can you walk in and get a replacement?

You can't get anything by those guys in marketing and advertising....

Rob

Mini-lathe

GENTLEMEN.....you miss the point...this sucker runs on BIO-FUEL!!! Ya gotta use toilet-paper filters, and a blend of blood, sweat, and tears from your shop. O.K....serious now... beats me why Jet would screw with (improve ) a lathe that has been such a huge success!!! I have one, yup, the standard belt drive...could not be happier!!! :cool2:

Andy Hoyt

In Memoriam
Website
www.downscaledesigns.com
If one analyzes that image closely (as I have done with my Grizzly dilithium crystal powered photospectrometer G-3428) you can easily discern that it's been photo-shopped.

The actual price point was supposed to be $289.99

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
What you see is exactly what was in the ad. The only difference is the graphic was digitally compressed to allow me to upload it after cutting it out of the ad. I don't recall who the vendor was as I really didn't want to embarrass them.

Yea and if you onbolt the headstock and reverse it around, you can turn 36" bowls outboard as well. It already has the power!

Website
www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Humm...

Hey Steve,

Maybe they are making them in Texas now!!! :D IIRC, a 3HP lathe is required to even enter the great state of Texas... :cool2: You gotta love these ads!

Back