• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Yahoo!

Well I guess it's major gloat time ... my new baby arrived yesterday afternoon. The Oneway 2436 is a thing of beauty, and actually occupies a smaller footprint in the shop than my GI did. The only glitch is that I spent several hours wrestling with trying to get the tailstock swinger to fit correctly. No joy yet ... I spoke to Oneway and they gave me some tips I can try tonight. Then it's time to make some serious shavings!

PS My GI 25-650 is still for sale as well as 2 Supernova2s and a Titan - see the classifieds for details.

Website
www.bowlturner.com
Congrats David,

Welcome to the Oneway family. I have a 2436 too. I still get a silly grin on my face every time I fire it up. :) I don't have the tailstock swinger on mine....yet. But I have bought a ton of tools over the years. And this is one that I have never had a second thought about.

Best wishes,
Dave

I just looked at your website Dave - it is one of the best I have seen. Your shop pictures have given me some ideas for my planned free-standing workshop. And you do beautiful work by the way. Cheers.

David

Thanks Bill. Yes, at 48" it is just right for me. I can't wait to mount a big irregular shaped blank to find out how shake resistant it is. At 875 lbs, I suspect it should be pretty good.

I saw the pics from 5 barns - sounds like a great day. Cheers.

David

Back