• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Youth Class volunteers needed

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
If you want a real special experience consider volunteering to be and assistant instructor for one or more of the youth classes.

This is a very generous volunteer activity in that you give up one or more demonstrations to help the kids.

We like to have 10 to 12 assistant instructors in each class of 25 students. Please feel free to encourage a few of your friends to volunteer.
Teaching a class of 25 is only possible with the generous donation of time by individuals like you. Having assistant instructors to sharpen tools, coach kids, or alert the instructor to a student that needs some help makes the classes work.
Bonnie, Nick, Larry and Joe will surely appreciate your assistance.

You may tell me what session(s) you would prefer to volunteer for by filling out webform at:
http://www.youth.hockenbery.net/
Filling out the form:
Sections 1, 2, and 3 - required for all youth volunteers
Sections 4 and 5 - only for individuals wanting to match a student's schedule
Section 6 - optional for any comments etc.
Be sure to click SUBMIT once at the end.
If you have problems with the webform, please send me an e-mail Al@woodturner.org. Be sure to use AAW Youth in the subject.
A bunch of young turners and I look forward to seeing you in Richmond,
-Al

Back