• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

1st peppermill

brian horais

Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.horais.com
Nicely done Mike. You might want to explore peppermills that have internal mechanisms. I like the Crush Grind mechanism that is contained entirely within the peppermill body. The grind coarseness adjustment is located on the base of the peppermill. Here's a PDF of the instructions for making a peppermill using the Crush Grind mechanism available from Penn State Industries (pennstateind.com item PKGRINDTL). I have also included an image of one of my peppermills made with this mechanism. Enjoy exploring peppermills on the lathe.

P.S. I added the twist to the peppermill body. Round peppermills also look great.

Attachments

• PKGRINDTL_INS (2).pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • composite mill 2.jpg
    composite mill 2.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 14
Nicely done Mike. You might want to explore peppermills that have internal mechanisms. I like the Crush Grind mechanism that is contained entirely within the peppermill body. The grind coarseness adjustment is located on the base of the peppermill. Here's a PDF of the instructions for making a peppermill using the Crush Grind mechanism available from Penn State Industries (pennstateind.com item PKGRINDTL). I have also included an image of one of my peppermills made with this mechanism. Enjoy exploring peppermills on the lathe.

P.S. I added the twist to the peppermill body. Round peppermills also look great.
Thanks Brian. I have a couple of the pepper mills like that. My grandpa made them before he stopped turning. One day I'll make some like them.
Your twist design looks great!

Back