• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2006 Symposium question/spouse

Website
www.woodturner.org
The Instant Gallery, and the Exhibitions are open to the public. She will not need any tickets to enter those areas. For 2006, the exhibitions will all be offsite from the symposium facility. Transportation details for those offsite areas has not yet been worked out.

Website
www.burntchimneystudios.com
Louisville

Al,

We look forward to seeing you and Sherry. But since you are a new Board member, my expectations of seeing you are quite low. Somehow, the old phrase, "One-armed paper-hanger with the hives" comes to mind. If Bob Rosand's and Mark St Leger's accounts of the Symposia are any indication, then you will be absolutely swamped with things to do.

And I thank you for your service in advance.

Website
www.woodturner.org
We didn't give Al a bunch of stuff to do yet....but his time is coming :D

Items which do not require a badge at the Symposium:
  • exhibitions, and there are 3 of them in 2006, all offsite from the symposium
  • instant gallery
  • vendor trade show - feel free to spend as much as you want. I particularly like the trade show because newly designed lathes, turning tools, and turning accessories show up. In 2005 the new PM3520b showed up and I did a mini-review of that late in this forum.
  • general meeting areas and food court area
  • AAW logo products booth in the

To my knowledge, the only item which requires a badge is the set of lectures/demos. And the banquet requires a ticket.

Last edited:
Best way to register

Jeff

I see we can register on line starting Feb 15th. Is that the best or only way to register? Made hotel reservations this morning.

My wife will join me, she likes Louisville so we are really looking forward to the trip. She is interested in learning because she seems to really enjoy helping me sell my stuff.

Frank

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Frank Kobilsek said:
Jeff

I see we can register on line starting Feb 15th. Is that the best or only way to register? Made hotel reservations this morning.
Frank
It is not the only way. You can register by using the form and mailing in. Forms are usually available online and in the AAW journal.

Website
www.woodturner.org
Steve is correct. The online registration will be done by Feb 15, and maybe earlier. I had hoped to avoid it but the other software won't be ready by then.

I would encourage folks to wait and register online. Even though we still have a pseudo manual process in the background, the fact that each registrant types in their own stuff makes it a lot more accurate.

Typically we publish nearly all the symposium stuff about 4 months prior to the event. This year since we have the event ~June 22, we published info in the winter journal (6 months early) and that seems to have raised a lot of interest in the event overall.

Back