• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2006 Symposium

Website
www.woodturner.org
The Symposium info starts getting disseminated in the Winter AW Journal. When the info in the journal is finalized I also post it to the website. That will be very soon.

Registration for the symposium is opened in the March-April timeframe, and is initially announced in the Spring issue. When that particular info is available it is also posted on the website.

Website
www.vinceswoodnwonders.com
Galt House

Hi Mike, Vince here.
I Live 8 Miles from the Galt House and if it is sold out another close hotel is the Marriot. It is with walking distance (1-2 Blocks) from the Galt House and will offer the same type of accomidations. Also the Marriot is brand new completed 15 months ago. If I can help any of you with this sort of info please let me know. Vince
Vinces WoodNWonders
WoodNWonders@Excite.com

The symposium will actually be held at the hotel - The Galt House. They put the rotations in different meeting rooms and then have a big combined room for the trade show, etc.

Website
www.penstreetwoodworks.com
Jeff Jilg said:
The Symposium info starts getting disseminated in the Winter AW Journal. When the info in the journal is finalized I also post it to the website. That will be very soon.

Registration for the symposium is opened in the March-April timeframe, and is initially announced in the Spring issue. When that particular info is available it is also posted on the website.

Hi,

Any idea when the demonstrators will find out if they have been accepted please? I applied and have not heard back yet.

take care,
Jim

Website
www.woodturner.org
All y'all are an impatient lot aren't you!

The info on the symposium will be on the website within the next 30 days.

For demonstrators - from the application form "Each applicant will be informed of the Board’s decision by November 30, 2005. " We're finalizing the bulk of the demonstrator list at this point. Why would we want to finalize the list early if we can wait until the last second (Nov 30)??? :cool2:

Website
www.bowlturner.com
Hi Jeff,

I agree with Mike. The earlier we get the info, the better.

Why the wait on where it will be taking place. It looks like it will be the Gault house from the other posters, but why do we have all the mystery. If it is being held there... just say so!! :) Or is it still being debated?

I would think this is the place to get accurate info.. After all, this is the official AAW forum.

Dave

Website
www.mikecunninghamwoodturner.com
Rolled the dice

Dave,

What I did was take a chance that these fellow members are correct and made reservations at Galt House. If this was an organization other than AAW, one would get the impression that they're not releasing the info until certain chosen people can make their reservations, but I really can't believe that's the case...............

Best,
Mike

Website
www.woodturner.org
I'm not going to bleed out tidbits of info prior to their announcement. It could easily become a large Q&A session on dozens of different unannounced items of the symposium and other topics from the AAW. Yes it will be at the Galt House. I doubt there will be a shortage of rooms the moment we do the formal announcement.

As it is, I've spent over 15 hours doing board member work this week. Not complaining. But also I'm not looking to add more to the load.

Galr House Reservations

Hi all,

I just called the Galt Hotel yesterday and made reservations for the Symposium. I was told they have plenty of rooms under the American Association of Woodturners name that are available. Rooms start at $99.00 and suites at $119.00.

Better hurry, though, they'll probably go fast.

See you all there,

Phil Axtell

Back