• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2008 Symposium Update

It would be nice if they would get a schedule of the demo rotation. I am going to be able to attend only one day for demo's. I have about 5 demonstrators I would like to see for sure but don't know if they all are doing demo's every day or if it they do the demo's just once or what.

Bernie,

It's my understanding that Al Hockenbery is working on the demo "grid". You might touch base with Al if you need some info right away, and to get a forecast on when the initial draft will be done.

I wonder if perhaps someone local to Richmond could give us a heads up on transportation (bus schedules,etc.) for those of us that did not get rooms at the host hotel?

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Hi Jake, Bernie,

I am doing the rotation grid. It is changing too much to post.
When we do post it in late march/ early April it still may change.

I think we reposted it about 4 times last year and we had about six rotations change at the symposium.

There will be a shuttle bus service from the Crowne and the Omni.
The details are being worked out. I think it will be the same bus as these two hotels are close to each other.

-Al

Ralph,

The vendor lathe sales list was pulled...had some errors in it. I'm told that an updated version will be posted when a couple of the vendors who have lathes to sell at the symposium follow up with some details.

Back