• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2012 AAW symposium photos

Website
www.AndiWolfe.com
thanks Andi, will you add instant gallery photos?????????

Website
www.AndiWolfe.com
A bit low on the estimate, Al

Let's try ca. 4,500 times. I downloaded 4,437 photos from my SD and CF cards, but who's counting???? The difference in numbers is that I deleted some photos in camera before getting to my computer....

Still have the instant gallery photos to post.

:cool2:

Website
www.AndiWolfe.com
Photography workflow

Al - simple, but time-consuming task. I use Aperture to organize my photo libraries, but I suspect I will soon be switching to Lightroom. Projects are organized by day. For each project, the first pass is for rejecting photos that are totally not useable and for marking photos that have some potential (one star). Next pass is to look at similar photos and select the best ones from a particular scene, and to mark ones that meet my criteria for composition, exposure, and sharpness (two stars). Third pass is to retain all the photos that I would be willing to spend time on in post-processing (three stars). Fourth pass is for selecting my top choices (five stars) for immediate post-processing, and marking the next tier (four stars) - ones that will eventually be processed.

As you might imagine, it's a somewhat brutal process, but one that has been made easier for me over the years in knowing how much time it takes to process a photo. For a large photo shoot, I simply do not have time to work on ones that don't make the final cut. My usual retention of photos from a large shoot is 10-20% - time consuming, but manageable.

Back