• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2013 AAW Symposium Instant Gallery Video

Many Thanks!

About twenty minutes into it I was thinking the video might be a little long. About forty-eight minutes into it I was regretting it was so short!

Very nicely done. Your efforts are much appreciated!

Hu

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
About twenty minutes into it I was thinking the video might be a little long. About forty-eight minutes into it I was regretting it was so short!

Very nicely done. Your efforts are much appreciated!

Hu

I gave up before twenty minutes when I nodded off and hit my head on the keyboard. I'm not going to wait another 25 minutes before it starts to get interesting without first donning full safety gear. I must have been sitting right in the zone-of-bore. :D

you can start at any second on the video, i could not get it to play backwards though

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Jeffrey,
Thanks for Another great job!
Hope to see you in Phoenix!

For those who may not know, Jeffrey volunteers about every year for the AAW and like many AAW members he spends time doing something to benefit the membership.
Capturing the instant gallery is a job Jeffrey gave to himself. Thanks again!

Here is the current list of volunteers
http://www.woodturner.org/sym/sym2013/index.htm#volunteers

Al

Thank you, Jeffrey. I Just wanted to echo what Al said here. We really appreciate your volunteering your time and effort for a worthy cause. I can't imagine how much time you must have spent putting this video together in addition to the time you already spent taking the pictures at the symposium. Bravo! You were generous for letting me borrow some of your still photos last year for our chapter newsletter. I hope to get to meet you next year in Phoenix somehow.

you can start at any second on the video, i could not get it to play backwards though

If you grab the "handle" at the bottom, you'll see frames and if you move that handle to the frame of interest, you can start from there. Or you can just grab that handle and move it backwards and you'll effectively play it backwards (if your computer is fast enough).

Back