• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2013 Utah Symposium

I am trying to plan a trip to the 2013 Utah Symposium and need to know the show dates. We want to try and see some of the National Parks in the area and you need to make reservations months ahead.

Website
www.billooms.com
At the closing ceremony this year, they said it would be the "same weekend next year". I assumed that meant May 16-18. They don't have the dates on their web site yet. If you want to be sure, contact Kip Christensen or Mike Mahoney.

the site list pretty good and numerous demostrators, but that was last year, any rumors on who will be there for 2013?

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
the site list pretty good and numerous demostrators, but that was last year, any rumors on who will be there for 2013?

It is/was for this year, 2012, but the event was a couple months ago. A lot of woodturning related web site work is done by volunteers and, as a result, it is not much different than the cobbler's children who go barefooted. The SWAT web site has also been like that in the past.

We want to try and see some of the National Parks in the area and you need to make reservations months ahead.

you got that right, last week certain motel $116 a night, which i thought was high, this week the motel was $170 a night for that time period

any deals in the Moab area????

The Utah Woodturners club does much of the work for the symposium. If you go to their site http://www.utahwoodturners.org/ there's a list of officers with contact info that could probably give you some info on next year's symposium.

As for the national parks in S Utah, check out lodging in St George for Zion NP, Panquitch for Bryce Canyon, but Arches and Canyonlands are a pretty long drive from either and Moab is a popular place most anytime of the year.

Hotels in Moab are always high.

If you are into camping, RV or tent, BLM - Canyon Country,

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab.html

has some nice areas right on the Colorado River.

Arches N.P. and Canyonlands N.P. Are farther out from town but nice camping.

Recomend staying away for the Jeep Jamboree, not sure when it is 2013.

Commercial camping can go up to $500 week during Jeep weeks.

Sat 11 Red Rock Relay Moab - 6 man teams will traverse the Manti La Sal Loop Road starting and finishing from Swanny Park. Gather your 5 best friends and come have the run of a lifetime! For more info visit redrockrelay.com or call 801-830-1099.

well, i will not get there til after the race

we mostly drive trucks around here, must be the new bigger jeeps to get 6 people riding

i wonder why nascar has never gotten involved in these wreaks....i mean races

well, not a jeep race....but a bipedal relay...not a marathon......i really have not run since highschool windsprints......but i salute the participates

Last edited:
Back