• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2015 AAW Symposium Location Announced

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
If you missed it on the 'AAW Information' forum, Sharon Bierman just posted the following information yesterday:

"The AAW is pleased to announce Pittsburgh PA, the “City of Bridges,†as the location for the 2015 AAW International Symposium. Centered in the Middle Atlantic region and proximate to the highest concentrations of our AAW membership, the event will be Thursday, June 25, through Sunday, June 28, 2015. Please continue to visit the AAW website for more information about the symposium as it becomes available.

//Phil McDonald//
Executive Director"

This should be within driving range of THOUSANDS of AAW members, and the facilities for the Symposium are excellent! For those unable to join us in Phoenix this coming June, we hope to see you at the 2015 AAW Symposium in Pittsburgh!!

Rob Wallace

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
May have to do that one. It's within driving distance and I really haven't toured PA at all. Phoenix is just going to be too expensive for me.

Symposium

John we live about 5 hrs from Pittsburgh. We are north central Pa. You are welcome to spend time here we have 3 empty bedrooms and live in the Pa. Mountains. We are 5 hrs from Niagara Falls south of corning N.Y. 1 hr and 1 hr from the finger lakes of N.Y. We could even have you do a all day demo if you want for our club! George

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
George Thank you. May have to take you up on that offer if I can plan that far ahead. A lot of changes in my life right now and not sure what, or where I'll be by then. I will certainly try to keep it in mind.

Back