• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2017 symposium in Kansas city

Website
www.woodtreasuresbybreck.com
I paid my early bird registration for the 2017 symposium like I did for the 2016 symposium in Atlanta to save some money. but now due to circumstances beyond my control I may not get to go to Kansas City this year. Do I just loose my registration fee or does the AAW refund due to circumstances? Just wondering

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Call the AAW office and ask. Then tell us what they said just in case somebody else has the same situation. I would guess that they have a refund policy. I know that the SWAT symposium does. You could also check their website, but calling is easier. HINT: click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page for the answer to your question.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I noticed that the website said that there is a refund policy, but you might not get a full refund. Since it is very early, I think that if you speak to them soon and give a good reason they might be able to do better than the published policy. This is just my guess, but it never hurts to ask.

Website
I noticed that the website said that there is a refund policy, but you might not get a full refund. Since it is very early, I think that if you speak to them soon and give a good reason they might be able to do better than the published policy. This is just my guess, but it never hurts to ask.
Thank you Bill, and guys I appreciate your help

I guess another alternative could be to give or sell your registration to some one else... Don't know if they are transferable or not.

robo hippy

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
I guess another alternative could be to give or sell your registration to some one else... Don't know if they are transferable or not.

robo hippy

They are linked to your membership number and all the materials will be printed with your name.

Any transfer would have to be done by the AAW. Or involve someone posing as the owner.

Website
www.gulfcoastwoodturners.org
From the AAW web site, Symposium Registraation:

Cancellations
  • For cancellations through April 29, 2017, a $75 processing fee will be deducted.
  • On and after May 1, 2017, the registration fee is non-refundable except for medical emergency.

Website
After I leave I see John put up the facts. I will confirm that they do allow cancellations for the $75. fee the rest will be credited to whatever account you used for payment. I am very grateful to not lose the entire $325. Thanks guys for all of your help

Back