• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Will Armstrong for "Gold Carved Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 20th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3520A push pull switch

I think I got my VFD working but I also have another issue. Seems the push/pull on/off switch isn't working too well. I have to pull it in and out several times in order for it to turn on. As you might have guessed, that part is no longer available. The switch for the 3520B looks similar but has a different part number. Anyone know if they are interchangeable or where I might find a new Push/pull on/off switch?

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Odds are it's either dirt in the mechanical push pull.part or dust in the micro switch that this operates. Just pull the switch and clean and lube everything. If the micro switch is bad it should be easy to find.

As John says, those switches need to be blown out every once in a while. You can find replacements from McMaster-Carr, Grainger, or Amazon. They're not a very sophisticated or durable switch, but replacements are also not costly or hard to install.

Electrical contact cleaner can extend the life of switch contacts when they get dirty. Start/Stop contacts and switches are the first component that usually goes out on a lathe, always worthwhile to have a spare on hand if your income is based on your lathe working.

I got tired of cleaning them and replaced both my switches with light switches from Homer Depot.

Back