• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Ronald Campbell for "Guardian Penguin" being selected as Turning of the Week for June 10, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

4th Sapele lidded bowl (My First attempt at piercing)

Website
www.woodtreasuresbybreck.com
10-1/2" x 5" Sapele & Ebony lidded bowl. This is the fourth one I have done with an effort to get better with each. This one is also my first attempt at piercing. Counting the finial the height is 8" I also attempted to make a more elegant finial to dress it up a little more. I will call it and any that follow my Royal Heirloom series. The wood is so beautiful I did not cover the inside with flocking like I did with the others.

Attachments

• Royal heirloom bowl #1.jpg
    Royal heirloom bowl #1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Royal heirloom bowl #2.jpg
    Royal heirloom bowl #2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 132
Very well done as usual Breck. You are becoming more and more talented everyday. Pretty soon you'll be on the traveling circuit. You're getting a lot more time in the shop than I am.
Steve

Website
Very Beautiful WOW hos did you do the piercing (scroll saw ???) and how did you do the black lines

Sean the piercing was done with a Optima 2 Plus Micro Motor Tool, the lines were burned in with a homemade burning tip.

Breck, my complements on an outstanding piece of art! You must have lots of patience to do the lid. Thanks for sharing.

Website
www.woodshopmike.blogspot.com
Breck,

That piece is really great. I've not added any burning or piercing to my turnings yet but I really like what it adds. I just can't say enough about how well the different elements are balanced with this turning. Also, great job on the finial. It matches the rest of the form very well and adds a nice touch of delicacy without physically being so thin.

Website
Breck,

That piece is really great. I've not added any burning or piercing to my turnings yet but I really like what it adds. I just can't say enough about how well the different elements are balanced with this turning. Also, great job on the finial. It matches the rest of the form very well and adds a nice touch of delicacy without physically being so thin.

Thank you Michael that really means a great deal coming from another wood turner.

Back