• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Articles of the Week - Server Not Found

On 7 July this month I got my "normally scheduled" email AAW Toolbox: Segmented Turning. Towards the bottom of it is a section called Articles of the Week. Two day ago I clicked on the links there and all was OK. Today (23 July) all three of the links give me a "server not found" error. Anyone have any idea what's happened to those links / articles?

Thanks, Jim

Website
www.reallyruralwoodworks.com
Try again perhaps, or clear your cache (or try a different browser), or lastly, try rebooting your PC. Server Not Found generally has to do with DNS or web server being non-responsive (woodturner.org) sometimes a computer will have a corrupted DNS cache so some websites no longer work for that computer (the server may be fine, but your computer can't resolve the DNS to the IP address) , Also sometimes ISP may have a DNS server down (your computer may be using its own DNS cache for websites you regularly visit but can't look up a new DNS when ISP DNS server is down) And finally, sometimes a web server hosting the content may itself be having an issue (maybe it is running an update or rebooting, etc, or having network issues, or the network routers serving that webserver cluster are having problems, etc, etc)

You'll probably find you can now (I noticed woodturner.org was slow to load just before I wrote this reply , so it might have a load issue over there..?) , or after you try some of the above, the articles come back up for you.

The problem persisted on three different computers so I'm thinking it was external to my home. Now, seven hours later the links work after I returned home from a local hardwood dealer. Thanks for the suggestions. Now it's back to the shop!

Jim

Back