• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Casting Set-up

Hello,

I am currently working on setting up a part of my shop for casting/stabilizing and am tossing around ideas for work surfaces, should I mount the pressure pots to a bench with casters, storage for supplies, etc. In particular, I would be interested in seeing if anyone has purchased or has purpose-built a workstation or stand. I realize everyone's situation is different, shop sizes differ, etc. but I am always looking for ideas. Thanks.

BTW...my current gear includes both 5 and 2.5 gal California Air pressure pots, a Conestoga 8" x 24" vacuum chamber, a/c style vacuum pump, etc.

Compressor? Steve Criscenzo, Zac Higgins, Wyoming woodturner, have good YouTube's. Is conestoga still in business?

I've watched quite a few of Zac HIggins and WY Woodturner videos as well as others. As far as a compressor, I have an 80-gallon compressor with another 80-gallon dry tank in my main shop but decided to move the casting to another building that has my laser and is a partial garden area for my wife, a man cave on the front side, etc. so I am currently looking for another compressor. I haven't ordered from Conestoga for a while but just checked and they still have a website and actually have a few products that I don't think they had last time I shopped there.

Back