• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Coring system storage (Oneway)

For those of you who have the Oneway Easy-Core system, any clever suggestions for storing the cumulatively heavy components? We recently added this to the Studio's Woodturning program, but storing the stuff in a box or bin isn't working, especially since there's nowhere to place the box above ground level. Does anyone have it stored on a wall or other option? Photo(s)?

@Jamie Straw,
I've got mine mounted on a wall. Holes drilled on the top edge of a 2"x4" for the knives and finishing nails on the face of the 2"x4" to hang the support fingers. The base hangs from a hook attached to a wall stud.

1706379461789.png

1706379574595.png

Thanks, everyone, will post photos when I figure something out. it would be great just to have a rolling caert, but floor space is limited (too many lathes:D).

One of the down sides to this system. Or maybe another down side. I don't like their cutter tip at all.....

robo hippy

Hopefully, this thread doesn't devolve into a discussion of coring systems.:p We picked the Oneway because it's user-friendly (10-15 different people need to learn how to set up and use it, not all with the greatest sense of feel with turning stuff) and was available from a local estate for half the new price. Cutter has worked great so far (~6 uses).

I have mine stored on the side of a cabinet. Simple addition of a couple of shelves projecting from the right side wall. If sounds interesting can tidy up and take a couple of pics. I do not have have the largest coring arm.

Last edited:
I made a wood box with a 'shelf' inside that has holes drilled for the posts on blades and support arms. It's heavy, so I store it on the shelf under my lathe, which makes it a twofer: handy storage and stabilizing mass. In your situation, where it's shared and may be used at any of multiple lathes, a rolling box or wall mounted would probably work best. Perhaps there's a couple of other shared items that could each have a box and be stored on a rolling platform, along with the coring set.

Last edited:
I made some boxes a long time ago, with shelves and they fit in there just fine. The box is not on wheels, which is okay since I prefer the McNaughton over the Oneway.

robo hippy

Back