• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to John Shannon for "Walnut Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 27, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Is the photo gallery a "classifieds" section, too?

Website
www.schwingwoodworks.com
I'm not normally one to attempt to force my wills and desires on others, but I really enjoy regular or daily trips to the gallery section of the AAW website so that I can drool and admire all of the fine woodworking that is posted there.

Acknowledging that most of the finished work is also available for sale, somewhere, in a gallery far far away, or that buyers sometimes contact posters directly in response to a gallery posting, I'm wondering if it is the intended use of this gallery to post raw lumber for sale. I find it to be less than a stellar experience to drop by the gallery and see it resembling an ebay search result for "turning wood".

I figure since I'm in essense, a "stockholder" I can ask this question, eh?

Website
www.hiltonhandcraft.com
I'll take a more direct path and say...

I don't want the gallery section to end up being a classifieds area. Disconcerting to see those posts on there this morning to say the least. It was bound to happen sooner or later, of course. And now it must be dealt with.

IF it's decided that those posts and more like them (and you know that the flood gates are going to gush this thing quickly) are acceptable, then the gallery will be a much much lesser place. Either set up a different area for classified ads (and pictures) or remove the posts, please.

Back