• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Jet 1840 in Martinsville, VA

Interstate move to smaller house means I have to downsize my wood shop. Much to my chagrin, the 1840 must go.

I do have all the accessories that came with it even thought they're not shown in the picture.

For the time being I will be keeping all the chucks and misc. tool but that may change soon.

The lowest new price I see for these today is 3,499.99 so I believe 2,500 is a fair starting price.

Lathe is located in Martinsville, VA. That's an hour north of Greensboro, NC and an hour South of Roanoke, VA.
Hopefully someone close can come pick it up.

I will be in and out of town as I move and prep the house to sell so this may take a few days to arrange a meet and sale.
I doubt I will see and/or respond to messages on the forum here in a timely manner so,
Please email me if interested at forrestimo@gmail.com

This lathe has been 100% trouble free and I hate to see it go but the alternative is paying for storage so here we go...

IMG_5418.JPG
IMG_5551.JPG

Back