• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

July 1st. Canada Day Project

Website
www.picturetrail.com
I turned this Cherry and silver birch lidded bowl this afternoon.

As a rooky turner , I am gradually working up from turning wide open bowls to more closed ones . Eventually I hope to be able to turn hollow forms through a much smaller hole.
This one is 6" wide at the widest point and 4" tall without the lid on. The lid fits a little tight and makes a suction sound when pulled off. If there is no wood movement I would prefer to leave it that way but if it gets any tighter, I will just sand the inside rim a little.

Thanks to internet sites and help from other wood turners I am learning something every day. It would have been a much slower learning curve without all the help I have got from my woodworking friends in the last year.
Thanks for looking.
W.Y.

102877429.jpg

Back